Further, video traffic currently accounts for about 63 percent of mobile data traffic, which is set to increase to 79 percent by 2022. Wow. These numbers are big.
Below are the reasons why you should improve your brand videos in 2020 and some expensive video marketing mistakes that could hurt your bottom line.
Why Should You Improve Your Videos?
Given the trends, video marketing in 2020 offers you a great opportunity to develop strong relationships with your ideal clients. People respond to video as it offers the human element they seek while enabling your prospects to know you more.
For your marketing videos to be effective in 2020, you need to improve them drastically because:
- Your current competitors have realized the value of creating videos, which is why you should work on improving the quality of videos you release to stand out in the crowded space.
- Video provides you with an instant holistic, personal, and engaging connection with your customers – faster than with written copy. This means your prospects take you seriously and realize that you are in a certain space offering a solution to their problems.
- Using a video helps and shows your audience that your brand keeps with the times. Customers appreciate up-to-date businesses because they are still relevant.
- Google algorithms are prioritizing websites that have video content. Adding videos to your site helps increase click-through rates, reduce bounce rates, and helps create quality backlinks. While video is magical, the real magic occurs when you combine it with excellent content and good SEO.
- Marketing videos are versatile so you can share your videos across multiple platforms in places your customers and prospects go on a daily basis. Further, you can create explainer content, interview videos, product reviews, demo videos, and even live video.
- Instead of reading some extensive copy or filling out endless forms, even the most dismissive audience will notice your video content. Further, your target audience can embed, share, engage, and comment on your video content, offering effortless engagement and an instant call to action.
Common Video Marketing Mistakes You’re Making
In 2020, video marketing is no longer something ‘extra’ or something ‘to dabble in,’ especially when there are extra resources available. To maximize video ROI, here are some common mistakes you shouldn’t be making:
- Ignoring the significance video has on your overall marketing strategy
- Jumping head-first into creating your marketing video without a clear strategy of how it lines up with your brand’s strategy
- Treating the video as a sales pitch and selling too hard
- Failing to include a clear call-to-action
- Prioritizing the video quality over the sound production
- Using a one-size-fits-all video for all platforms. Remember, different platforms cater to different audiences and have different format and length requirements
- Catching your audience’s attention in the first 10 seconds of the video is paramount to ensuring your message is heard.
Before jumping into video marketing, you should take a step back and revisit your strategy. There is no denying your video has a critical role to play, but it requires planning, time, patience and lots of testing.
Interested in video production services or need advice on how to get started? Then please get in touch with Levitate for our award winning video development offering. Levitate’s video work helps ensure easy evaluation of your solution or product by your target audience, and top-notch videos that increase your ROI.
If you would like more information on how Levitate makes your videos better for 2020 and beyond, contact us at email@example.com.